The safety of our staff and clients is our priority. With the help of health professionals and our medical team, we have put in place the following protocols to ensure that Skintech Medical is as safe as possible from the risks of COVID 19.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Checking our professional team’s temperature each day.
- Washing / sanitising our hands-on arrival, before and after treatments, and whenever we feel the need.
- Disinfecting surfaces between clients and treatments. Our surfaces will shine!
- Wearing safety equipment during treatments, such as gloves, masks and eyewear (dependent on the treatment).
- Limiting the number of people in the clinic, and staying 1.5 metres apart unless we’re treating you.
- Masks, tissues and hand sanitisers are readily available for all clients upon request.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- If you’re unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment.
- When you arrive in the clinic, we’ll provide you with a COVID-19 questionnaire: – Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms, such as a cough or sore throat? – Have you travelled overseas or interstate in the past 14 days? – Have you been in contact with any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Arrive at your appointment time, and we’ll take you straight through to the treatment room as soon as it’s ready.
- Let us have some one-on-one time, by coming to your appointment alone (which means leaving your loved ones at home).
- Wash or sanitise your hands upon arrival.
- Allow us to check your temperature.
- Let us know if you become unwell after visiting the clinic; and as always, let us know if you have any adverse effects from your treatment.
We seek your kind understanding and cooperation in adhering to these guidelines. Should you have any questions, please speak to one of our friendly staff members.
Skintech Medical Team
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if the staff at the clinic, including the doctor, has COVID-19?
Staff who have known contacts of COVID-19 positive patients are required by law to self-isolate at home. Staff with symptoms of fever, cough and fatigue are required to stay home until well.
Should I let the clinic know if I am unsure about people I have been in contact with?
Yes, you should. A determination of each circumstance will be assessed by the medical practitioner.
Is it absolutely safe to have cosmetic medical procedures at this time?
It is safe to the extent possible, comparable to going to the supermarket, hairdresser, dentist and other similar places where social distancing disciplines are observed.
Will cosmetic injections make me more susceptible to COVID-19 virus infection?
There is no evidence that cosmetic procedures make patients who are otherwise well more susceptible to disease processes, including COVID-19.
If I develop side effects from my cosmetic medical procedure, how do I know if they are not related to COVID-19?
Side effects from cosmetic medical procedures are different from the effects of COVID-19 which are primarily shortness of breath, persistent cough, and fever.
My children are at home so is it ok if I bring them with me to the clinic?
Children should NOT attend with you.
If I develop a fever, a cough or feel unwell after visiting the clinic, what should I do?
It is essential that you advise the clinic should these symptoms develop as soon as they occur after your attendance.
Will I be able to contact someone at the clinic after my procedure if I have any questions?
Yes. You will have contact details, including after-hours contacts, provided to you, or simply call the office number and a recorded message will provide information on contact details.