PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Treatment
Vampire face lift or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) treatment has been creating waves in the beauty industry since Kim Kardashian has tried it in the much popular reality show.
PRP is an aesthetic treatment that uses the healing potential of the patient’s own blood to bio-stimulate skin cells. PRP uses the richness of growth factors contained in the blood plasma and the process of mesenchymal stem cells stimulation to regenerate and revitalise damaged skin.
PRP treatment involves taking your own blood, in the same method as to having a blood test and separating the Platelet Rich Plasma within the blood & than re-injecting it back into the skin. This can be done on the face, neck, hands and even scalp.
The separated platelets are small discoid cells with a life span of about 7-10 days, which are found in the blood. It is made up of granules which contain clotting and high concentration of growth factors, which helps to multiply and form new tissue. During the healing process, the platelets are activated and combined together, causing new cells to be formed which therefore help to enhance tissue regeneration by creating new collagen.
Direct injection of PRP into the dermis supports and accelerates the process of tissue regeneration and reconstruction. PRP activates the tissue regeneration process by:
- Stimulation of new collagen production
- Induction of mesenchymal stem cell division and differentiation
- Stimulation of angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels
Blood is collected from the patient, and centrifuged for 5-10 minutes in special tubes that isolates the plasma from the red blood cells. The plasma that is rich in platelets and growth factors is then administered into the skin which help regenerate and stimulate the growth of new cells naturally. PRP treatment can either be performed on its own or mixed with an activating component. Depending on the indication, it can be administrated as”
- Nappage or classic mesotherapy
- Intradermal injections for volumetric corrections and bio-stimulation of skin cells
- Cellular mask
PRP is ideal for patients who is looking to achieve a gradual but noticeable improvement on their skin texture, tone and colour. It is mainly designed for patients with:
- Tired and dry skin, lack of skin tension, uneven pigmentation
- Signs of skin ageing
- An increased risk of allergic reactions
- The desire to choose a natural treatment
It can be used on all skin types and colours.
PRP stimulates the patient’s own cells to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin, resulting in:
- Improved skin colour, elasticity, tone and thickness
- Remodelling of the collagen fibres
- Long term elimination of skin wrinkles and fine lines
- Faster healing following aesthetic treatments (laser, chemical peel)
- An improved appearance of acne scarring
- Deep skin rejuvenation
Common treated areas include:
- sun-damaged and prematurely aged skin
- cheeks or mid-face
- jaw line
- sagging skin on the neck (neck rejuvenation)
- back of the hands (hand rejuvenation)
This skin rejuvenation treatment is a quick 20-30 minutes procedure and requires minimum to none downtime.
As you are using your own blood, PRP is a natural and safe procedure with minimal to no side effects.
At Skintech Medical Cosmetic Laser Clinic, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands as all of our staff are medically trained and certified. Unlike many other beauty salon or cosmetic clinics, we provide experienced cosmetic nurses to ensure your comfort at every stage of the treatment. Our registered nurses work alongside experienced skin doctors to deliver a smooth and pleasant experience as well as cosmetic treatments you can trust.
Call Skintech Medical Cosmetic Laser Clinic now to book in for your FREE consultation!*